In general and subject to the specific terms described in the clauses below, our policy towards personal data is as follows –
- The personal data you provide us will be properly stored and secured with appropriate industry standard security technologies.
- By providing RTH with your personal data, you consent to RTH using your personal data for purposes including but not limited to the following:
- To inform you of promotional activities to be carried out by RTH and to provide you with the relevant promotional materials, via email, mobile message or phone
- To respond to your requests;
- To customise your stay-in experience with us;
- To determine your satisfaction with services provided by;
- To complete your purchase of services and products from us;
- You may at any time request that RTH:
- Provide you access to your personal data that is in the possession of or controlled by RTH;
- Correct any error or omission in the personal data that you had provided to;
- Provide you with information on our data protection / privacy policies;
- Withdraw your consent for the collection, use or disclosure of your personal data by RTH at any time with reasonable notice.
- Our personal data representative may be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (65) 6653 3833.
Collection of Personal Data
Where we receive your personal information through this website, we will only use it for the specific services which you have requested of us and will be kept confidential
Insofar as any personal data is transmitted through this website or generally over the Internet, you accept that the Internet is not a secure medium of communication of information and that such transmission will therefore be at your own risk.
We may collect personal data from you via the following channels:
- When you complete any forms issued by RTH;
- When you register for our events and promotions;
- When we take photos of you at our premises;
- When you submit an enquiry through our website;
- When you are captured on our CCTVs installed within our premises;
- When you correspond with our staff;
- When you submit a job application to join us as an employee, part time staff or personnel;
- When you complete our feedback forms whether for Hotel accommodation, meetings, seminars, conferences, courses or events;
- When you sign up for our training courses;
- When someone refers you to us with your consent.
RTH would require your consent before we can use your personal data for a specified purpose.
Use of your Personal Data
Generally your personal data may be used for the following purposes :
- To follow up with your queries or requests;
- For compliance with other relevant laws or authorities;
- To facilitate booking of Hotel accommodation;
- To facilitate the processing of claims;
- For our internal administrative processes;
- To obtain reference checks prior to your employment with us.
- To process your application for a job with us;
- To address complaints and feedback;
- To send you invites to our marketing activities, promotions or events;
Disclosure of your Personal Data
In accordance with the PDPA, your personal data is required to be kept confidential and not disclosed to any third parties, without your prior consent.
However, subject to other relevant laws and the provision of our services and products, your personal data may be disclosed to the following parties/entities:
- Our strategic partners, stakeholders, agents, and third party service providers whom RTH may work with or appoint from time to time;
- Regulatory bodies;
- Any other parties that you have authorised us to disclose to.
Disclosing and transferring your personal data in Singapore and overseas
We may from time to time engage external partners to perform services for and on our behalf, such as marketing services, events promotion and sponsorships, ticketing and sales services, as well as information and communication technology services. We may be required to share your personal data with our partners to the extent necessary to administer any products or services you have chosen to receive from us, as well as for market research and survey purposes.
- Our partners will not be entitled to use your personal data for their own purposes unless you have consented to them doing so.
- We will not share or disclose your personal data to any other third parties (whether for marketing purposes or otherwise) without your consent, save as otherwise required or permitted by law.
- Please note that our partners (and, with your consent, any other third parties) to whom we disclose your information may transfer it to countries outside Singapore. Where this is the case, we will put in place measures in our contractual arrangements with them to ensure that they will provide a standard of protection to your personal data comparable to the protection provided by the PDPA and other applicable legislation.
Protecting your data
RTH uses industry standard efforts to protect the confidentiality of your personal data, storage of data on secure servers and taking other security measures to prevent unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks in relation to your data.
However, do note that no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as totally secure and therefore, we cannot and do not ensure or warrant the complete security of any information transmitted from our online products or services.
Accuracy of personal data
We will take reasonable efforts to ensure that your personal data is accurate and complete if it is used by us or when we disclose it to our partners or to other third parties in accordance with this policy. Please note that, in most circumstances, we will presume that personal data directly provided by you will be accurate and complete. However, depending on the circumstances, we may contact you to verify that the personal data that we have in our records in relation to you is up-to-date.
Subject to the provisions of the PDPA and any other applicable law, you can request information about the ways your personal data has been used or disclosed in the past year and if required, to amend your personal data. Please write to us at email@example.com and allow us 30 working days to revert.
Should you require access to your data from us, please state your reasons for your request to firstname.lastname@example.org in as much detail as possible to enable us to properly assess the matter. Please note that we may elect to reject your request if we have determined that the burden or expense of providing it would be unreasonable to us or disproportionate to your interests, if your request concerns information that is trivial, does not exist or cannot be found or it is otherwise frivolous or vexatious.
Please note that we expressly reserve the right to charge an administrative fee in relation to any request you make for in connection with your personal data, including any request by you to disclose your personal data to third parties. We will inform you ahead of the fee we will charge in relation to your request and will only proceed once we have received payment from you to that effect.
Correction of personal data
You may also request that we correct any errors or omissions with regards to your personal data and if so, we will ensure that this is made as soon as practicable, save where we are satisfied on reasonable grounds that such correction should not be made or where we are not required by law to do so.
You may withdraw your consent to us and/or our partners collecting, using and/or disclosing your personal data at any time by written instruction to email@example.com.
Retention and Disposal of personal data
We will only hold your personal data for as long as required for the purposes for which it was collected or as otherwise required or permitted by law. We will review and assess whether personal data can legitimately be retained, having regard to the purpose for which it was collected and any other legal or business purposes for which retention may be necessary. Where we are satisfied that we no longer need to retain your personal data, we will take necessary action to ensure that we will no longer hold on to it, either by destroying or removing your personal data from our records and files (whether electronic or otherwise) completely and permanently or by removing any identifying information so that it has become anonymised.
Links to other websites